London School Boy Stabbed to Death

A 15 year old boy has died today after being stabbed by a gang at his school. The emergency services were called out around 8.50am this morning, and the young man was immediately rushed to hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival. Another boy involved in the incident suffered stab wounds to his arm and is currently being treated in hospital.

The boy was a student at Park Campus school in West Norwood, South London. The school has been open for two years, and had been praised for being the first of its kind in the UK. It specialises in children aged between 11 and 16 who have emotional, behavioural or social difficulties. The school’s aim is to help these children return to mainstream education with their support.

When the fight broke out, a female teacher saw what was happening and ran over to help with her arms open, but it was already too late. The boy fell into her arms. Saima Sadfdar is a shop owner based opposite the school on Gipsy Road and knows the boys in question; she described the victim as “no trouble”. She heard about how 3 or 4 boys were seen outside with a large knife, which was the weapon used on the teenager. 3 boys have now been arrested by the Metropolitan Police.

This tragic incident is not the first of its kind; 8 teenagers have already been stabbed in London this year, with 13 teenage murders overall. The headmaster at the school, Richard Leonard, has called this a “terrible tragedy”. The school will be offering support to all of the students and their families, who will understandably be in shock. There are only 80 pupils at the school, so it is quite a small environment where all of the students will be familiar with each other.

Our South London escorts were very sad to hear the news today. Some of them live locally to the school where the incident took place, and will be reminded of the tragedy every time they pass that place. The school was supposed to create a safe environment for students and teachers, making this fight even more of a shock. Hopefully there won’t be any more incidences of this kind, so that Park Campus school can go back to supporting children without them being in any kind of danger.